We hope that you will never need this, but in the event you do we want you to be prepared.
If you face an emergency situation on the road (an accident, a fire, a medical event), there are several ways that you may notify the company:
• Call or Satcom message the fleet manager directly
• Call or Satcom message to Safety, Claims, HR, or XRA
• Macro 34 (Although described as the 911 Macro, it goes to a specified internal distribution list, Including the FM and whoever is assigned to cover that truck at the time and Claims. It does NOT go to local 911 centers or emergency personnel.)
• Macro 35 (Accident Macro. Also goes to a specified distribution list, including the FM and whoever is assigned to cover that truck at the time and Claims. It does NOT go to local 911 centers or emergency personnel.)
• Push the EMER button on the Driver Tech unit (Currently inoperative.) We will let you know as soon as it is up and working again.
If you call with an emergency, please make sure that you stay on the line until we get you to a person in Claims and/or a local 911 center if necessary
Please be advised that the EMER button is not currently working.